© Copyright 2008. Corporate Internet Business Information Systems Pty Limited
© Copyright 2022. CIBIS International Pty Limited
All rights reserved.
CIBIS International Pty Limited, hereafter referred to as CIBIS, endeavours to ensure all information contained in this website is correct at the time of inclusion. However, the accuracy of the material cannot be guaranteed and visitors using the information from the site do so entirely at their own risk. The information may not be reproduced or published in any other way or by any means without the prior written consent of CIBIS.
The data within this website is provided 'as is'. Neither CIBIS, nor the provider of the data, represents or guarantees, or accepts any liability whatsoever in respect of, the accuracy, currency or completeness of any of this data. It is not provided for professional use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. CIBIS does not accept any liability for any delays, interruptions, errors, or omissions, however occurring (including as a result of negligence) in the collecting, recording, processing, storing or dissemination of this information.
This site may contain third party advertisements and links to third party sites. CIBIS does not make any representation as to the accuracy or suitability of any of the information contained in those advertisements or sites and does not accept any responsibility or liability for the conduct or content of those advertisements and sites and the offerings made by the third parties. Third party advertisements and links to other sites where goods or services are advertised are not endorsements or recommendations by CIBIS of the third party sites, goods or services. Your access to or use of them is at your own risk.
CIBIS recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and other third parties who provide their personal information to us.
We are committed to the security and privacy of the personal information disclosed to us or that we collect and our policy is explained below. This policy was last updated on 12th March 2014.
In this policy, any reference of "CIBIS", "us", "we", or "our" refers to CIBIS International Pty Ltd (ABN 58 126 017 310) and Corporate Internet Business Information Systems Pty Limited (ABN 24 084 337 084).
1. Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, "personal information" has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
The types of personal information we may collect about you includes:
- residential or business address;
- email address;
- post code;
- age and date of birth;
- telephone number(s);
- proof of your identity such as your driver's licence or passport number;
- a photograph or video surveillance recording of you if you are physically present in office or data centre;
If you are a candidate for employment, we may also collect other information including that relating to your previous employment history, suitability for the role you are applying for, your referee details and items.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
The personal information we collect is that which is reasonably necessary for us to conduct our business functions or activities to the extent that it enables us to:
- carry out our core business functions in providing you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- communicate with you, including about products and services, offers, and options that may interest you;
- answer your questions and provide you with information and/or advice;
- create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested from us, such as delivery service providers, couriers and specialist contractors;
- carry out administration, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, quality control and research to improve the way we provide products and services to you;
- consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- comply with laws or regulations, or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
Personal information will generally only be collected for the purpose of enabling us to liaise with individuals who are customers, potential customers, contractors or sub-contractors, or who are associated with these entities.
2. How we collect your personal information:
Normally we collect personal information from you directly, however, where it is impracticable to do so, collection may also occur via:
- signing up as a customer, subscribing to our mailing lists, purchasing products or providing feedback via our website;
- Questionnaires and surveys;
- General contact (including via the email and telephone details listed on our website) asking for information or advice about CIBIS and its services;
- "Cookies", "IP addresses" and "session tokens". We use software on our website and servers called cookies and session tokens, which store information and enable our website to recognise individuals' web browsers and remember certain information to assist an individual's future use of our website. Your IP address may also be stored as an additional security measure and may be used to identify you.
We do not collect sensitive information (e.g. information about an individual's race, ethnic origins, political opinions or association, trade or professional associations and memberships, union membership, criminal record or health information) unless:
- The information is reasonably necessary for one or more of CIBIS's functions or activities;
- You have consented to the collection of this information;
- The collection is required or permitted by law.
CIBIS takes the utmost care when collecting and recording relevant, accurate, up-to-date personal information about you. When personal information is no longer required, or if not otherwise required under Australian law, we take reasonable and lawful steps to de-identify and destroy such information.
3. How we hold your personal information and the security of your information
CIBIS may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically, we will retain this information within our computer systems which are managed by us.
If you provide information to us in hard copy format, this is normally retained in our files and a copy is made for our electronic files. We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
4. If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
- we may be unable to provide products or services to you, to the requested standard or at all;
- we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future;
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, couriers and payment processors;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application; and
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
6. Quality of Information
CIBIS will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, CIBIS relies on you to advise us of any changes or corrections to the information we hold about you.
You are able to contact us and ask for the correction of personal information we hold, if you believe the information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete.
We will ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
7. Overseas disclosure of personal information
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties located overseas unless it is in connection with.
- payment processing of online orders (and/or liaison with your financial institution);
- a country you nominate as a delivery address for order fulfilment
- required by law consistent with protections offer by regulators within Australia.
8. Google Analytics
We may use Google Analytics to help analyse how you use our website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of our website. Google will store this information. We will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Google Analytics to track or to collect any personal information of visitors to our website. We will not associate any data gathered from this website with any personal information from any source as part of our use of Google Analytics.
If you do not want your website visit data reported by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more details on installing and uninstalling the add-on, please visit the Google Analytics opt-out page.
9. How you may access your personal information
You may access your personal information held by us by making a request to us:
Telephone: +61 2 4925 8500
Mail: Privacy Officer
CIBIS International Pty Limited
103 Elder Street
LAMBTON NSW 2299
You may also access your own information via our online portal.