Terms and Conditions
By using this web site you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of Use as per this Agreement. In relation to this agreement CIBIS refers to both CIBIS International Pty Ltd (ABN 58 126 017 310) and Corporate Internet Business Information Systems Pty Ltd (ABN: 24 084 337 084).
Your access to and use of the cibis.com.au website is subject to these Terms and Conditions of Use whether or not you become a customer of CIBIS.
CIBIS may review and update this Agreement at any time and any such revisions will be made effective immediately and posted on this site. By continuing to use this site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
You acknowledge that materials posted on this website are protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights for both CIBIS and/or its customers and as such are governed by all applicable laws and regulations.
In using this website, you AGREE:
- to provide CIBIS with accurate information should you wish to register as a User / Member of our website.
- to take responsibility for the safekeeping of your user name and password. You are liable if your user name or password is used by an unauthorised person. You agree to release and indemnify CIBIS in connection with any use (whether authorised or unauthorised) of your user name or password. CIBIS may suspend or cancel your website account at any time without prior notice if it knows or suspects that an unauthorised person has gained access.
- You agree that, upon becoming aware that your password or account is (or is believed to be) being used without your authorisation, you will immediately notify CIBIS.
- that use of the website and on-line services provided to you by CIBIS is at your own risk.
- the website may from time to time provide access to the Internet and/or other websites which do not belong to CIBIS. A link to another website does not indicate that CIBIS endorses the policies, content or products available from that website and CIBIS accepts no responsibility for any content on any third party website.
- that the CIBIS website contains sections to which members can post information directly and that CIBIS is not responsible for such content, nor the views expressed, nor is it responsible for checking the validity of such content. If at any time CIBIS finds that information posted on its website constitutes a violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use, it may remove the information from this website at its own discretion.
- that information provided to CIBIS for the benefit of its members is posted in good faith and that it is the responsibility of the user to check the validity of such information.
- that whilst content is believed to be accurate, complete and current at the time of publishing on this website, CIBIS and its related companies, affiliates, licensors or licensees and their respective directors, officers, employees or agents make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of the information contained on this website (including in relation to any products or services) and to the extent permitted by law, will not be liable for any loss, cost or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information, or the inability to use the information, including errors, omissions, interruptions, deletion of email or files, viruses, delays in transmission or operation, or failure of performance of online services.
- While all care is taken to ensure this website and email transmissions are free from viruses, CIBIS cannot warrant that it is free from viruses, worm, trojans and recommends you use appropriate antivirus technologies.
- That CIBIS does not warrant that access to the website will be error free or uninterrupted, nor warrant the results received by using these services. CIBIS does not guarantee specific times or duration of connectivity, or any specific speed of access to the online services. The online services are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis.
In using this website, you agree NOT to:
- impersonate any other person, or provide false information in connection with using the website.
- use the CIBIS website to send unsolicited advertisements for goods or services of any kind (spamming) including sending mass mailings, chain letters, or promote pyramid schemes.
- post or transmit via this web site any material that is unlawful, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, threatening, pornographic, or which violates or infringes the rights of others (including their privacy and intellectual property rights) or encourages conduct that would give rise to civil or criminal proceedings.
- send or disclose any part of your password to any other person, or store it in a manner where it would reasonably allow another person or entity access to it.
Please note that the permission granted to use material on the website terminates automatically if you breach any of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Security and Personal Information
CIBIS takes its obligations regarding website security, the protection of data, identity and the privacy of its clients and users very seriously.
Although we may collect information about website users and our customers including their name, current and previous email addresses, bank account details, telephone and mobile numbers, PIN numbers, user names, passwords, preferences, shopping behaviour, online activities and membership status, this information is only used in conjunction with us fulfilling our service obligations to you and will not be shared with any third party. The only exception is when we are required to disclose or reveal specific information about you to a third party in conjunction with them performing a service for us (e.g. couriers, debt recovery services) or, as required by law or relevant directions and orders issued by the Australian Communications Authority (ACA) or other duly constituted court/legal body.
Where CIBIS communicates confidential, or sensitive information via this website across any public network (e.g. the Internet), it will ensure that the data is encrypted using digital encryption technologies (typically a 128 bit SSL encryption or better).
The CIBIS Member Portal (registered users only)
For the purposes of using this website, if you register as a user of the Member Portal (in which case a Username and Password will be made available) you may also be associated with one (or more) existing customers of CIBIS. A CIBIS customer may be an individual, company, business or association.
Where a customer grants you authorisation to act on behalf of that entity, your actions and advice are binding on that entity.
Customers will have the opportunity to specify and amend details regarding which people from their business or organisation have authorised access to: update contact details, view accounts including account histories, make payments, maintain mailing list subscriptions, view and place requests relating to service subscriptions provided by CIBIS. As such, not all users will have access to all functions within the Member Portal.
Where CIBIS offers services or products for sale via the website, member portal, email, letter, telephone, or over the counter, CIBIS’ trading terms and conditions are defined in our standard Agreement for the Provision of Professional Services. In some cases, CIBIS may negotiate special rates with its clients and/or provide additional services across extended hours or under defined service level agreements containing performance guarantees.
The Member Portal will contain copies of relevant Agreements relating to the services and subscriptions it provides specific to each customer. Where services are provided on a recurrent basis (i.e. a subscription), details relating to that subscription including the terms, rates, notice dates, fees approvals and activation particulars will be available within the subscriptions section of the Member Portal.
In the event that there is any inconsistency in interpreting specific Agreements within the member portal, the following descending order of precedence applies:
- The Master Services Agreement and related Service Schedules which specify the particulars of undertakings and agreements made.
- The CIBIS Agreement for the Provision of Professional Services.
- The Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use.
Any requests to change a user’s permissions associated with accessing a customer’s member account details will be received, reviewed and actioned by CIBIS.
The customer is responsible for advising CIBIS of those contacts who should or may access to the member portal and which level of permission to access customer records each contact has and must advise CIBIS of any changes to these permissions.
The customer is responsible for any authorised or unauthorised use and all actions, obligations and charges that may accrue resulting from access to the Member Portal through the customer’s account.
You may elect to pay your account via credit card, cheque or direct deposit/ EFT. If you provide your credit card details, you authorise CIBIS or its agents to charge all fees incurred to the credit card and this authorisation remains valid until you advise otherwise either via the Customer Portal on the CIBIS website or in writing (email or hardcopy).
CIBIS may accept online payments by credit card (or via other offline means). These website terms and conditions of use are subject to the laws of New South Wales, Australia.